How Do I Get Rid of the Images?

Depressed couple has dispute and are not talking

Terribly negative and disturbing images and thoughts may bombard you after the discovery of the infidelity in your marriage.

Learn why “trying to get rid of the images” usually doesn’t work.

Learn why it is important to understand the origin of the disturbing images and thoughts.

Discover THE question you can ask yourself to diminish the intensity of the images and thoughts.

Finally, a couple tips are given to help with the thoughts and images including the use of EMDR.

This entry was posted in Emotional Distance, Emotional Infidelity, Infidelity Coaching, Infidelity Marriage, Infidelity Pain, Surviving Infidelity, Surviving Infidelity Videos, Types of Affairs and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to How Do I Get Rid of the Images?

1. Doug says:

Bob is RIGHT ON!
    Coping with infidelity can only be done by going THROUGH not around the issues.

After my affair, my wife and I decided to take the experience and learn from it, instead of using it as an excuse for divorcing.

After the pain subsided a bit, we were able to use the experience to learn about each others needs, communicate better and revitalize our sexuality like never before.

makeyourwifehot

2. Kathy says:

My husband is a sex addict and has had numerous affairs, usually one night stands, cybersex, etc. I can’t get these images out of my head. It is so disgusting.

Please help me with any ideas how to get through this. He says he is not doing anything, but addicts lie.

3. lm says:

What do you mean? Make your wife hot?

4. Deb says:

Two years ago, my husband was dropping me like a dead body. At first I wanted to stop living then I sought out good advice and support of friends. The images haunt still but three decades of lies is a challenge to process. I suggested couples counseling to make our divorce and child custody go well. My spouse began to question his fantasy relationship. He got into serious therapy. We made room for hard conversations and honest dialogue. Surprise! The greatness we had together on all levels came roaring back.
    He discovered that he was deeply attached to me and began to honor and value me. He broke off that perfect younger, smarter woman affair very early on in our process because he didn’t really want to move out.

5. Geanie says:

I’m not so sure it would be wise for me to remove the images from my mind. They act as a barrier to keep him from getting close to me where he can hurt me. They seem to be a reminder that if I trust him, he’ll just hurt me again. They keep me backed off and protected in a way. That’s how it feels to me. Is that crazy?

6. Jean says:

17 years ago my husband had a three year affair, they had a child together. We had two young children at the time.I took him back , he begged me , cried, said he loved me.I just blocked it all out, never dealt with therapy, counseling. He never wanted to. Well, four years ago he left again for the same person…now going through a divorce and now I am having a lot of trouble getting the images of those two out of my head.