Marriage is Like a Horse Race

Marriage Humor

If you are offended by rough, coarse bad language, including the f-word, don’t watch this video.

A little humor helps to put things in perspective. I got a kick out of this video, sent to me by one of my therapist colleagues. (Do you suppose we see the worst side too much? :))

Anyway, again, don’t go near this if you find bad language insulting, ’cause this video is filled with it!

This entry was posted in Dr. Huizenga's Blog Posts, Relationships: Marriage, Self Care and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Marriage is Like a Horse Race

1. Happy Whorschet says:

Top notch humor! It’s hard to smile let alone laugh when your wife of 26 years cheats, resulting in divorce but this was really funny.

Notable quote: “While it’s true that we don’t realize what we had until it’s gone, it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives”

2. Jo Linda says:

Thanks, I really needed a good laugh:)

3. jude says:

I loved the video.I missed emailing u on the spying thing I HAVE DONE IT WITH THE CELL PHONE BILL.It breaks my heart every time I look at it, sad that after 38 years of marriage he feels justifed in doing this. When I asked him if he was still in touch with her after he told me he was done with her .then I look at his cell bill an there are calls first thing in the morning an last thing at night an thourgh out the day ,I am lucky if I get a call once a week during the day from him,It makes me sick every time I LOOK AT THE BILL AN KNOWING HE IS LIEING TO ME.Its been going on for 5 years.that I know of.what blows my mind is he is very attentive towrds me makes me breakfest lunch an when he is home he will cook dinner,but he doesn’t share his day with me.he gets angry at me when I ask in so many words it is none of my business he said to me that he is tired of doing for all of us, me an the children, its his time now.so in his eyes he is justifed in keeping her.this is what I THINK.An spying is so bittersweet

4. Nancy says:

Thanks, I love the video..if nothing else keeping a sense of humor makes perfect sense!!!

5. Tricia says:

Hi Jude – I feel for you – know what you ar going through – I am still trying to find answers – and/or courage to leave.

6. jo says:

Hi Jude, has hard as it is dont look you are only hurting yourself, as I well know, I have been struggling for 2years to come to grips with the shattering experience of finding out my husband of 23years was in a relationship with a married women for 10 years, and her husband knew and never told me!! They are the ones with the problem not us they have to live with themselves as they must know the difference between right and wrong.Be strong, be happy and enjoy your live think of yourself. Keep Smiling!!

7. IP Feely says:

It still baffles me that the man is the butt(no pun) of marriage problems. Women are the liars, cheats and want a kid at any cost with the money benefits.

8. John Rossi says:

Not positive, but sure does sound like my old friend, Nick Sinabria. If it is — GREAT JOB. Good laugh when I needed it most.
    Your friend,
    John Rossi

9. Sara says:

This one made me smile. ☺ I would have liked to have seen one where it’s the man who cheated because that was my situation but this was really funny.

10. Joy says:

This one is funny. Acurate on way too many levels. This type of wit appeals to me and yes a sense of humor is essential.

11. Katie says:

Lol Very funny…I’ve never heard such things in my life! Haha! Yeah, this one made me laugh.

12. Shirley says:

Bwahahha! Loved it! Very funny, laughed out loud! Yes, a little well-placed anger and humor to describe a frustrating situation works very well. Want to send this one to many, many people I know! They’ll laugh, too!

13. Steffi says:

My fiance of 12 years left almost exactly 1 year ago after having started an affair with his 20!!! year old colleague about 7 months before. For a long time after he didn’t come clean – his mum enlightened me eventually after he’d made me believe I was boring and made him feel old and we were just not “compatible”. So I changed my hair, my clothes, I started working out, I became chairperson of an adventure club, reconnected with old friends, made new ones, got myself a really good well paid job so I could keep the house (I am a foreigner in this country and things were tough). Then I had a couple of flings and he got wind of it. He came to see me and said I looked so well and was radiating confidence and seemed so strong. He led me on to believe he wanted to try again. When I pinned him down and said we could try but that he had to change and had to give up his teenage “girlfriend” he said:”where did all this talk about getting back together come from?” So I turned round and said:” You are one of the coldest men I have ever met. I forbid you to contact me, no more emails, texts, calls. After your worktrip you will fetch the remainder of your stuff, we will sort out the house and then I will never, ever (and I mean it) want to see you again.” He tried to speak to me twice and I refused. My life had opened up now in so many ways.. I have cried plenty and have suffered lots but I am so much stronger and can laugh about myself: what would I possibly want with a lying, deceitful, self-conscious git who always needs a woman to hide behind? I don’t like the 20 year old cow he is seeing but I have to admit that she has more sense than him and apparently already told him he had to make a decision… interesting, isn’t it? Stress for my ex, while I am laughing at online videos, planning my holiday!!!!!

14. Sandra Munoz says:

I like Steffi’s point of view. We seem to have a similar problem. I think couples do not know what marriage is really is. We should take a marriage course before marrying. Passion love is what takes over in the first years of marriage, after a few more years mature love is what should take over. This videos is sure funny, it is true that many marriages will go through this stages mention in the video, I have. Thaks Steffi for your nice point of view, I do not stress myself anymore.

15. mary says:

Very funny and oh so true! It just sucks (to say the least) when marriage takes a turn towards cheating. It should be mandatory for every married couple to attend a communication seminar once a year! Just to keep us on track. I know it doesn’t sound very democratic but wouldn’t it be nice to SAY “well honey you have no choice, you have to go it’s the law” instead of HEARING “I’m sorry I cheated, can we please go to that marriage counselor you’ve been begging us to see”?

16. BRIGITTE says:

FUNNY BUT SO TRUE!

17. flora says:

oouchi!!!!!

How fairer it could be one to just tell
    “I dont feel like being in this relation anymore! Than babe I am sorry! another day it was an error! another day, I ended the relationship and I dont see her anymore! then you catch them. then the following day ooh! I dont want her you know I am sorry i shouldnt have done that lets seek help” the chain of lies geos on and on for years and years. You know when there are children its not easy to just walk away like that and after so many years of being together. We all believe everyone can change, after all we are all not perfect. There is a difference between an error and a habit. and hence the differnce between forgiviness and tolerance. Instead of making you cry everyday why not just tell you that very same day they realise they cant be commited that its over. becuase it would let you cry and deal with it once and for good. Its simply selfishnes which is at the centre of infidelity.If they are right why cant they stand up on very same day and tell you in the face comfrotably ” I have another partiner”, why is it always in secrete? its becuase they know they are wrong and that its bad. yet still inspite of that they still go on. Taking advantage of their spouses. Its sickiness.

18. DP says:

It’s funny. I would probably be more amused if it weren’t about adultery. I think I have maintained my sense of humor but still have trouble getting a lot of yucks from infidelity jokes.

19. knotit says:

Ok this one brought a smile to my face. It’s the story of too many marriages in under 2 minutes.

20. Sarah says:

Names of horses express feelings you have when
    cheated on. I don’t use profanity, but this one made me smile.

21. Peter Boudreau says:

Laughed out loud at this one despite being able to relate so well to the commentary. 36 years married, 3 kids and she floored me (to say the very least) by cheating and then leaving me for her lover. He’s since left her 3 times in 9 months and now she’s in a world of hurt. Feel sorry for her despite what she did to me and our family because I know exactly how she feels. By the way, her lover is also married with 3 kids. Two families wrecked in this one. And if you’re wondering, yes, I accept my share of the blame in this – I took her for granted after all those years and didn’t give the affection that I should have. Nonetheless, nobody deserves the pain that adultery brings to the injured party. I can’t explain it but it felt good to laugh out loud at my situation via that video. Thanks.

22. Chris says:

Clever social comment and plain funny