Signs of a Cheating Spouse: 46 Clues Your Partner is Having an Affair
Dr. Huizenga here.
An affair is devastating.
It rips out your heart and erases your dreams for your marriage, family and life.
If you suspect your spouse is having an affair – and I assume that might be the reason you are here – I want you to know that resources are available that guide and offer support for your most terrifying moments.
I’ve received countless emails and have had almost as many conversations in which I’ve heard, “I wish I would have had this information earlier. It would have saved me a ton of mistakes, pain and heartbreak.”
If you are like most, you will encounter two powerful forces if your spouse IS having an affair.
- First, you will tend to blame yourself, wondering what you could have said or done to prevent it. You will doubt your self worth and your confidence will sink.
- Second, you will make mistakes. You will say or do that which perhaps fuels the flame of the affair or drives your spouse further away.
I’ve written a short ebook and ecourse which have addressed these concerns for literally thousands over the past ten years online.
“Don’t Shame on You” helps you with self blame.
“The 6 Killer Mistakes” outlines the common mistakes that get you off on absolutely the wrong foot in dealing with the affair.
Both of these beginning resources are available for no cost.
So, read the clues and then make sure you sign up for the “Don’t Shame on You” and “The 6 Killer Mistakes” offered at the end of the clues.
Wishing you the best,
Some of these signs of a cheating spouse are “tongue in cheek” while others are tell tale signs that commonly appear with a cheating husband or cheating wife. There is no copyright. Feel free to forward to those who might be interested. But please don’t change anything.
1) You find birth-control pills in her medicine cabinet, and you’ve had a vasectomy.
2) Mutual friends start acting strangely toward you. (They either know about the cheating or have been told stories about what a horrible wife or girlfriend you are.)
3) Your cheating husband or wife stops confiding in you and seeking advice from you.
4) Sets up a new e-mail account and doesn’t tell you about it.
5) He leaves the house in the morning smelling like Irish Spring and returns in the evening smelling like Safeguard.
6) She joins the gym and begins a rigorous workout program.
7) She buys a cell phone and doesn’t let you know.
8) He sets up a separate cell phone account that is billed to his office.
9) The cheating husband carries condoms, and you are on the pill.
10) Begins to delete all incoming phone calls from the caller ID.
11) One of the most signs of a cheating spouse is when he deletes all incoming e-mails when they used to accumulate.
12) He becomes “accusatory,” asking if you are being true to him, usually out of guilt.
13) Raises hypothetical questions such as, “Do you think it’s possible to love more than one person at a time?”
14) He buys himself new underwear.
15) He insists the child seat, toys, etc., are kept out of his car.
16) The cheating wife stops wearing her wedding ring.
17) Has a sudden desire to be helpful with the laundry.
18) Has unexplained scratches or bruises on his or her neck or back.
19) Suddenly wants to try new love techniques.
20) Signs of a cheating spouse is when he/she fairly suddenly stops having sex with you, or;
21) He/she suddenly wants more sex, more often.
22) Supposedly works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the pay stub.
23) Picks fights in order to stomp out of the house.
24) Definite signs of a cheating spouse is you find out by accident he or she took vacation day or personal time off from work – but supposedly worked on those days.
25) Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music.
26) Spouse’s co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence.
27) Has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance.
28) Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer, especially after you have gone to bed.
29) He throws up a lot because he just ate at his mistress’s house and had to eat the dinner you prepared when he got home.
30) Your spouse is away from home, either nights or on trips, more than previously.
31) His/her clothes smell of an unfamiliar perfume or after-shave. You see lipstick on your husband’s shirt. Another of the most common signs of a cheating spouse.
32) The amount of money being deposited into your checking account drops off.
33) You find items of intimate apparel or other small gift-type items that you did not give your spouse.
34) Your spouse seems less comfortable around you and is “touchy” and easily moved to anger.
35) You get calls where the caller hangs up when he or she hears your voice.
36) He/she loses attention in the activities in the home.
37) Your intuition (gut feeling) tells you that something is not right. Never ignore one of these signs of a cheating spouse.
38) He/she has a definite change in attitude towards everyone in the home.
39) She uses a low voice or whisper on the phone or hangs up quickly.
40) She has a “glow” about her.
41) Atypical erratic behavior.
42) He sneaks out of the house.
43) She sleeps with her purse by the bed.
44) She goes to the store for groceries and comes home 5 hours later.
45) He tells you that you can get hold of him at a different telephone number.
46) One of the telltale signs of a cheating spouse? Having to ask that question in the first place.