Following is a list of qualities that create an emotional connection in a marriage or partnership:
1. I want to enjoy receiving pleasure from my spouse and easily communicate desires.
2. I want to accept and respect a “no” from my partner.
3. I want to communicate my personal needs around sex and have them understood.
4. I want to have sex be a choice, not a compulsion.
5. I want to feel great after an erotic time together.
6. I want to trust my partner more than anyone else.
7. I want to keep my word to my partner.
8. I want to be careful in what I promise and not set my partner up for disappointment.
9. I want to respect my partner’s friendship with attractive people.
10. I want to receive all the affection and touch I want from my partner.
11. I want to experience moments of tenderness, kindness and gentleness in our marriage.
12. I want to laugh at my humanness.
13. I want to lovingly tease my spouse.
14. I want to create time to be with children and close friends.
15. I want to have us surround ourselves with friends and family.
16. I want to have this marriage contribute to the lives of those around us.
17. I want to have my partner know me intimately.
18. I want to have this marriage be a place where we constantly grow, learn and evolve.
19. I want to face change and the unknown with my partner.
20. I want to get what I need and more within this relationship.
21. I want to be overwhelmed with gratitude and love and express it.
22. I want to give and receive great gifts from each other.