An After-the-Affair Sexless Emotional Stalemate! How do You Flip on the Intimacy Switch?
What follows is a case study of a taped coaching session with David.
You will learn:
- strategies and subtle tactics to begin turning on the intimacy switch.
Summary of the David Tape:
David describes a marriage where the emotional closeness switch was turned off years ago. He tried to look at the positive. After all, they were still having sex. David admitted he missed some of her subtle signals that all was not well. But the marriage continued.
A few months ago, through electronic snooping, David discovered his wife was having an affair. When confronted, she admitted the fact. From her perspective it was an emotional affair.
After reading Break Free From the Affair, David settled on “My Marriage Made Me Do It” as the affair that best characterized their situation.
His wife broke off the affair because it was “the right thing to do.” In addition, David reports it is important for her to stay together for the sake of the children. David isn’t so sure.
David and his wife now exist in a sexless emotionally distant marriage.
David wonders strongly if separation and divorce may be next.
1. It is important to face BOLDLY all messages that we receive in a relationship of investment. Yes, we will miss some. But, when that gnawing feeling in our gut says something isn’t quite right at that moment, pay attention and respond.
You CAN handle anything that will emerge. You or the relationship won’t melt and disappear with a little conflict, or a lot of conflict, for that matter, if handled somewhat properly.
Approach those subtle, almost hidden messages with a conviction that says, “Yes, we can handle this. The worst case scenario is to pretend it doesn’t exist.”
David and his wife could work on developing this assumption.
2. Believe there is more – much, much more to explore and discover about one’s self, your partner and the relationship.
A stalemate, hitting the wall of silence, attack, defense or withdrawal indicates you are missing much more in your self and the relationship. The elephant is sitting there, you sense it is there, but you fail to acknowledge it and in so doing give it more life-draining power.
For the remainder of the review and an opportunity to get your hands on this powerful tape series make sure you order in the box below:
19 Live Infidelity Coaching Sessions
with Dr. Huizenga – The Infidelity coach
- shift your focus away from the pain
- see the issues rather than feel the issues
- feel good about your progress and strength
- clear the cobwebs, get the clear picture
- build your skills for your next intense encounter
- learn how to act with power and integrity not react out of neediness and weakness
You will receive:
- 19 live coaching interviewes 15-20 minutes long with a variety of people coping with different kinds of extramarital affairs. (Over 5 hours of listening.)
- A workbook containing:
- an introduction to each situation by either Dr. Huizenga or the coachee
- an extensive summary and comments by Dr. Huizenga about the session
- dozens of comments from others, like you, who have listened the tape, offering their input, words of wisdom or personal experience.
- The ability to listen to the tapes online.
- The ability to download the tapes onto CD or MP3 format.