What are the clues of an emotional affair?
There have been plenty of response from people who have gone through the agony of watching their partner go through an emotional affair, and they want to share with everyone some of the things they’ve learned and the signs they say you have to watch out for if you suspect that your partner is involved in one.
Here are some of the clues of an emotional affair:
1. If he starts coming home late more than usual.
2. If you notice a change in your sex life, or you don’t have sex anymore.
3. He always has an excuse to go out of the house, usually at night.
4. You have trouble communicating, or he seems to not be listening to you when you are trying to talk to him.
5. You notice that he tends to avoid certain topics when you talk, and that he is keeping secrets from you.
6. He makes or receives phone calls late at night, and he usually answers them outside or in a different room.
7. You start having fights and arguments with the slightest provocation or over the smallest issues.
8. He starts changing his appearance, or seems to care more about how he looks.
9. There always seems to be some work event that he has to attend.
10. He starts making unusual comments about your marriage or relationship that he never said before.
Emotional affairs are very tricky. They can be devastating to deal with, sometimes more devastating than a sexual affair. Many times, emotional affairs will begin with a friend or co-worker, and your spouse or partner will most likely attempt to justify their relationship with him/her. This can be very difficult to deal with, because without physical intimacy chances are they don’t see anything wrong with what they are doing, or at least they won’t acknowledge the problem. Pay attention to these clues, and more importantly pay attention to your instincts.