Confronting the Other Person and the Emotional Affair

Sad beautiful woman behind a tulle.

In part 2 of the webinar series on confronting the other person, Dr. Huizenga interviews Linda, from www.emotionalaffair.org.

Linda did not confront the other person in her husband’s emotional affair and gives her reasons for not doing so.

Click here to listen to Dr. Huizenga’s interview with Linda.

This entry was posted in Dr. Huizenga's Blog Posts, Emotional Distance, Emotional Infidelity, Infidelity Coaching, Infidelity Marriage, Infidelity Reasons, Learn How to Confront the Other Person, Surviving Infidelity Videos and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Confronting the Other Person and the Emotional Affair

1. faye says:

I think my spouse is in the affair I love you but Im not in love with you. How do you get them to end it. I know it turned physical but now its back to emotional. what do I do. Ive done everything wrong up to now. I left and now Im back at home but not to end the affair outright but to try to get my marriage back.

2. Survivor says:

My question is, why would you want him back or your marriage! Will you ever trust again? Will you ever have that gut wrenching pain go away every time he looks at another woman? Will you ever heal? Ask yourself if you deserve to live like that! He doesn’t respect you so don’t disrespect yourself!

• #last2know says:

Dear survivor,
      I’m a survivor also. I also used to say I would never stay with someone who cheated on me until it happened to me. Yes it is devastating and gut wrenching and I would never wish this on my worst enemy. But I have also learned each person must decide what is best for them. One good thing from this is that I’m less judgmental. So before you tell the post before you to ask herself why…just don’t. She has asked herself this I’m sure many times. And struggling daily with to stay or go. Bless you and your strength but each must make our own way!

• #last2know says:

Thank you! I was in your same boat. I never thought I could stay with anyone who cheated on me until last Labor Day! I too am much less judgmental. Each has to decide what is best.
        It has been the hardest thing I’ve ever been through and I’m not out of the fog yet but each day seems better with fewer bad ones mixed in.

3. Joe says:

I’m not sure how to begin this. I’m not even sure its a question, in Nov. 2015 , I received a phone call on my home from work, I had stopped and picked up my son beforehand, he was 19 then, the person on the other end was crying vary vary hard, it was a girlfriend of a new person we had met just a few months pryor, she said her boyfriend of 20 years, was having an affair with my wife of 22 year’s, at the time my wife was 39 ,and I had just turned 54, my son was with me at my side when all hell broke lose, finding out details at the moment I was, he stopped talking to my wife at that point, she did not stop the affair, 5 or 6 months passed he refused to speak to her , she came back then went back to him a few times, I did everything wrong, I didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know about this site or any for that matter, I actually found it in my wife’s e-mail account that I had hijacked, but then at one of those times that my wife was with me and acting like we were going to really work out our problems, I received a call from my sons good Friend, he was in tears and I knew what he was going to say before he said it, my son had taken his own life, and in that moment, my wife chose to tell me to not be petty, she had to call brian, her boyfriend, I was beside myself, I have confronted this man , a few times, once I even spoke to him, she, we have lost everything, I mean everything, she was living in a tent at the park with this person untill this persons cousin stepped in and rescued them and took them to San Diego, where they are now homeless, but on the beautiful beaches of southern California, I never even got a chace to morn my boy, and her and I have never spoke to each other about “anything” everything serms to have happened so fast, idk, what I’m asking really, I’m sorry, thnx joe

• Laura says:

Hey Joe Just came across your post. I just wanted to see if you were doing any better. I know finding out information like that can be devastating and leave u heartbroken. I am in a relationship of 3 years and starting to realize that Im really the only one in it…I too have been finding more out. Im sad n my heart hurts. I guess we just take it day by day and stay strong. Remember that they did the hurting we cannot hold ourselves responsible for other peoples behavior 😉 Hope all is well